phone: +1-868-464-3747
e-mail: rholder@lab206studios.com

1.30.2013

That 27 Perspective


My birthday was this past weekend (27 WHOOHOO)  and I shared some thoughts on it on Facebook and  in turn I'm sharing it here because sometimes we go through phases in our life of incredible self doubt, doubting the path we're on and serious introspection. So read the post, watch the inspiring video and leave a comment.
Thanks for reading.  

"Birthdays always tend to be a time of accounting, accounting your life up to this point, what happened, what hasn't happened, what you want to happen, and it's a time to be thankful that you have lived as long as you have on this earth and acknowledging that sometimes it gets hard but never hard enough that you can't handle.
I started this year having to set up a new strategic plan to a big part of my life and anyone who's an entrepreneur knows how difficult that can be, not only is it taxing financially but also psychologically and someone like me, who's extra hard on themselves I took it personal to a great extent. Sometimes it harder to see what we're not doing as opposed to what we have done, but I've done great things, started a company, travelled, have amazing friends, family and loved ones and trying my best to live my life for me, making my own path in this world.
I'm thankful for the journey I've taken up to this point and amazingly grateful for the path that I am currently on. All the mistakes and triumphs and failures I've had are all experiences that moulded me into a person I'm proud to be today.
To the people who've been on this journey with me up to this point, the friends who are more like family, the mentors who became friends, the supporters, the cheerleaders,the people who affect me positively without even knowing it, the people who make my day brighter and better even the haters, the stressors, the people who have given me strength I never knew I had, there's no way I can thank you all today ( will damn near try), but I hope one day I can return the Favour for some of the things y'all have brought into my life."



Ira Glass on Storytelling from David Shiyang Liu on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment